Sleep Apnea is a sleep disorder in which breathing is interrupted during sleep. This interruption is caused by short (10-20 seconds) blockages of the upper airway by the short tissues at the back of the throat relaxing too much. Breathing interruptions can occur from five to 100 times per hour.
It is estimated that more than 90 million North Americans snore while sleeping. Sleep apnea can kill you according to a UCLA School of Dentistry study:
The struggle for breath can result in soaring blood pressure, which can damage the walls of the carotid arteries and increase the risk of stroke. Norma Gomez DDS and Associates provides solutions to sleep apnea and snoring.
At Norma Gomez DDS and Associates, we provide solutions for sleep apnea and snoring. Solutions include:
- Oral Appliance Therapy for the Treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Oral Appliance Therapy is a way to treat snoring that’s safe, effective and comfortable. Oral appliances look like sports mouth protectors. Worn while you’re asleep, they help keep the soft tissues at the back of your throat from collapsing. Basically, you breathe freely and quietly, with a night and your sleep uninterrupted.
- “We provide an alternative to CPAP”
- Screening and referral
- Provide and monitor oral appliance therapy as part of treatment team with physician
- Monitor and treat potential side effects of oral appliance therapy
You can get an affordable, non-invasive, comfortable, and effective snoring solution right here! Let us prescribe a snoring prevention device.